If you’re new to this blog, start here.
Music videos are a medium to share a poignant story, artistic vision, lots of big ol’ booties, or Canadian Tuxedos.
But some artists use them to scare the living daylights out of us. The creepiest music video I’ve ever seen is – by far – Aphex Twin’s Come to Daddy.
The lyrics: “I want your soul. I will eat your soul.” Okay.
The little people. Not because they’re little people. Little people are generally wonderful. Because they’re little people in masks and dresses hell bent on tearing shit up and possibly going Jimmy Hoffa on your knees with those sticks.
The old woman. I’m so scared for her. Is she okay? Did her dog survive? Does she have “life alert?”
Absolutely everything that’s happening from 3:50 – 4:38.
1. Rubber Johnny Also by Aphex Twin. Good luck watching this one. Might be scarier than “Come to Daddy” but Rubber Johnny just kind of reminds me of the martians from “Mars Attacks”.
2. If I Had A Heart by Fever Ray. The fact that the song is awesome is just a bonus.
3. We Are Water by Health. Gore and slasher film fans will love this one.
4. Peacebone by Animal Collective. Pause at 3:12 for a good time.
5. Adicolor: “Black”. Not a music video but really deserves to be on this list. A panda plays Russian roulette with a fish. Delightfully horrifying. Don’t miss this one.
6.The Sweetest Kill – Broken Social Scene. Indie music meets Patrick Bateman.
What did I leave out? What are your favorites? Send me some from back in the day, like “They’re coming to take me away”
You’re gonna need a bigger boat,