When I left DC to move home to Richmond, the first thought I had was “Damn, I will not miss this Satan orchestrated traffic”. The second thought I had was, “I will really miss the endless options for Halloween parties at every bar and venue in the city”.
Well, it seems that RVA has gotten the memo and has caught up with our neighbor to the north in Halloween happenings. No longer do we only have the Carytown Zombie Walk and Halloween Parade to look forward to. There are now actually endless Halloween parties right here in good ol’ Richmond!
Whether you hate dressing up (who are you?!) or want to get extra “on theme”, there is something for you to do.
Here’s a comprehensive list of everything Halloween happening in RVA between now and November 1:
- The 11th Annual RVA Halloweek Kick-Off at Strangeways Brewing “with a special beer release and music FREE / Followed by Burlesque at 9pm”
- Horror Movie Night at The Veil Brewing beginning at 9:00 pm. Every Friday in October. This week’s screening will be “Insidious” (Check out my experience at the first Horror movie night here)
- Red Vein Haunted House at Hanover Vegetable Farm… probably not as crowded as Ashland Berry Farm!
- Scott’s Addition Pumpkin Festival. 12 – 6 pm. Free. Pumpkin themed food and booze! But will there be more actual pumpkins this year? Because last year I was very disappointed.
- Isley Brewing 3rd anniversary party and Zombie Walk. Stumble over from the Pumpkin Festival.
- Not Halloween related, but just up the street: Porkapalooza! at Lunch/Supper. Nom nom nom.
- Goblins and Gourds at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. Pumpkin painting and music.
- “Classic spooky movies” (like Young Frankenstein, Hocus Pocus, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, etc) every day this week at the Beet Cafe at Ellwood Thompson at noon
- Parking Lot Movie Night at Kinsfolk: The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Monster Burger, Bourbon and Brews at the Savory Grain
- Deathly Debutante Dinner Party and Halloween Party at Kinsfolk
- Killer Costume Karaoke at Metro Grill; 10 pm
- Hardywood’s Haunted Food Truck Court and “Bride of Frankenbier” release
- Lip Sync Battle Royale: Halloween Edition at The Answer Brewpub
- The Village of the Damned at the Village Cafe – 7 pm (horror movies, beer specials)
- Movie Club RVA presents: Pet Sematary at Hardywood Brewery; Trivia with Video Fan; movie starts at 8 followed by concert
- GLITZ vs GORE Halloween Party at Fallout RVA
- Zombie Prom at the Tobacco Company
- Horror Movie Night at The Veil Brewing: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
- Scott’s Addition BOOze Crawl
- Babes Halloween Spooktacular
- A Stranger Things Dance Party at Metro Grill
- Halloween Costume and Dance Party at The Veil Brewing
- War of the Worlds Live Broadcast by WRIR (or see the live performance at the Firehouse Theatre)
- A Nightmare on Cary Street Block Party with Cha Cha’s Cantina and Society Social Club
- Halloween Masquerade at the Tobacco Company
- Monster Mash at Keagans
- Scarytown and Carytown Zombie Walk (12th Annual!)
- WRIR’s Monster Mashquerade at The Camel
- Stranger Things Halloween Party at Garden Grove Brewing 6:30 PM
- Third annual Growl-o-Ween at COTU Brewery (DOGS IN COSTUMES)
- RVA Pug-o-Ween at Isley (PUGS IN COSTUMES)
- 11th Annual Richmond Halloween Parade
- Troma Night at Gallery 5: Double Halloween Feature
- Trick or Treat on Hanover Avenue (One of the best places to trick or treat in the US!)
- Casa Del Barco Day of the Dead Celebration